- Allow 36 inches from the edge of the dining table to the wall or another piece of furniture for easy access in and out of the chairs and to avoid damage to the buffet.
- Make sure if an area rug is used that the chair legs remain on the rug even when pulled out.
- Knees should be able to be 12 inches to 14 inches under the table.
- Seat height for dining chairs should be at least 18 inches high. Although sometimes our thighs or knees touch the dining table base because it is not the correct distance from the seat.
Are you thinking of a new chandelier for the holiday? Here are the numbers:
- Diameter of the dining room chandelier should be about one half to two thirds the width of the table it will be hanging over.
- The general rule for hanging dining room chandelier is that the bottom of the fixture should hang between 30″ and 36″ from the tabletop.
Enjoy your family time
GraceAnn Simoni, www.YoursRedesigned.com